General Rule Set Jan 18, 2013 23:54:15 GMT -5
Post by Dread Rock on Jan 18, 2013 23:54:15 GMT -5
- Respect - You are to respect other members and staff members on the site. We do not ask you to be best friends with everyone, but you can make the choice to tolerate other members. So keep it civil around the site, try to talk things out if there is an issue. If you didn't succeed to talk an issue out with another member, consult a staff member about and they'll try their best to help you with it.
- Staff Bothering - Refrain from continuously bothering the staff about things like grading your profile on the site or messenger services. It's rude, and we try our best to get work done on the site. Remember, the staff are also people with lives of their own.
- Harassment - Refrain from discrimination at all times. The word speaks for itself, don't be sexist, racist or simply demeaning to your fellow members or staff members. This is one of the more serious offenses so please pay attention to your words. We do realize jokes will be made about these subjects, but we ask you to be respectful when someone feels hurt over a joke.
- Flaming & Being Rude - Flaming and spamming is naturally not allowed and will be punished. If you want to make a point it's a lot more effective to give a valid argument rather then starting to insult people or senselessly spam them.
- Advertisement - Don't post your advertising content in any other board then the advertisement board, it's simple. Here's the link to the advertisement/affiliation board.
- Explicit Content - Explicit content is simply not allowed as stated in the proboards ToS. This does not only include pictures and videos, but also text. This means no porn or hentai. regardless of censor or not. Any adult content will be removed immediately. A picture that shows a little bit more then usual is fine, but true blown out Nudity is a No no.
- Language - Keep chat-speak to a minimum, it's a role-playing site, if you don't know proper English you might be in the wrong place. Vulgar language is allowed, but we do ask you to keep it nice around the site. Excessive language is not appreciated by everyone and might be offending to your fellow members.
- Characters - You may have as Many Characters as you can keep active, please post on each character at least once every 72 Hours or you may be subject to a Character being Archived until we deem you active to once again play more characters.
- Activity - You are Required to Post on each Character at least once Every 72 hours, in a thread if a Character does not Post every 24 Hours they are allowed to be skipped. After 72 hours the characters that have not posted are subject to being archived. The way to avoid this if your on a Trip is to simply post your on a trip in the Introduction and Goodbyes area of the Forum.
- Roleplay - Before you start role-playing you need to have an approved profile so you have an actual character to role-play with. This also shows us you are capable and won't disturb fellow members with a lack of knowledge.
- Perfect Characters - Do not make Gary Stus and Mary Sues, perfect people. We're all human and although we offer a wide variety of races, none are to be perfect beings. Everything has a flaw and a weakness, make sure to state that in your profile. Even Whitebeard had his. =P
- Other Profiles - Do not post in another members profile when you're not staff, we understand you'd like to help, but we can handle it, trust us.
- Liquid Timezone: Our forum is what is known as 'Liquid'. The term means that everything we state is flexible, liquid-like. The timezone is liquid as well, you can have multiple threads that happened at whatever time in the characters life and get it turned in as per usual, it's no big deal. As long as it makes sense- and we do read the threads, so please don't be silly. This also qualifies for any grades and such, if a Staff member says you need a certain amount go 'X' for what your asking for thats generally the Forum-Average. Quality and Effort that goes into it can change and alter these requirements per person.
- God Modding - God Modding is not allowed, it's a term used in role-play to describe it when someone says another character performs an action or is automatically damaged.
- Meta Gaming - Meta gaming is a term used for when a character claims to know something he couldn't possibly know, this is of course also forbidden.
- Pg. 13 - Sexual content will not be allowed here in posts, that means no intercourse between people. If you really want to do the act, do it with personal messages. Mature boards are against proboards ToS and we do not care that other sites have it. We understand sex and rape are things that are however possible, so you can mention it, but by no means describe it, it's still a pg-13 forum.
- Member Angers - Personal matters are not to be taken in consideration in a role-play. Although we understand you can't entirely obey to this rule, we are mild with it and plead you to at least try to keep the peace between you and your fellow members.
- Chat-Box - First and foremost, the Cbox is a privilege not a necessity. The Cbox can be removed at any time, for any reason if you guys decide to abuse the cbox or IC cbox. They are both paid cboxs which means that in any event a mod sees fit, you can get banned. There are several rules for the regular site cbox that are shown on the side of the cbox and they do in fact apply to anyone. A lot of people want to argue about how the rules don't apply to staff, but they do as well. No one should be above it, regardless of stature.
- Taking Over, Removing, or Killing Characters - This is not allowed without the creator and player of the character's permission. You cannot change their personality, Mind, or Take them over or Kill them without the players permission. Keep in mind, a temporary Takeover, or mental control ability does not count toward this rule as long as it is indeed -Temporary-. (Succubi and Vampires are exempt from the takeover rule). However, if you place yourself in the position (thread, area, person) to be killed it is possible. This entire rule set here is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Posting Requirement - As seen in the Welcome we are a Average to Expert Level Roleplay Forum, all posts must be at least 350 Words, preferably of Above Average Quality but we understand sometimes Quality takes time and patience to learn to type. =)
- Picture Sizes - Please do not post any Images Beyond the 500 Pixel Width. Length isn't that big a deal Except on Signatures, but on general images Height is not a problem. For Signatures the limit is a 300 Pixel Height and 500 Pixel Width.
- Sexual Orientation - This is Not Including on the Character applications for a reason. It doesn't matter, is the reason. There is no rule on this, no limitation. As long as you are remaining PG. 13 as proboards demands you may rolepaly any sexuality you wish, anyone found harassing others or hating on others for their own sexual orientation or their characters will suffer the consequences of the One Warning System. If they do it again they will be in for much more serious consequences. Be mature please people.